Friday, February 22, 2008

It was all talk and no action

Last night's forecast for several inches of snow followed by freezing rain was a lie. Again. We had less than an inch and there is nothing falling now. Schools and businesses closed, people stayed home, all for nothing. I think we need a sweep of all meteorologists in addition to all politicians. Replace them all with people who know how to be honest and do the job they are paid for. I am disgusted. : (

I plan to work from home today, and actually, considering my back pain, it will be a few hours each day over the entire weekend. I have my papers set up on the counter in the kitchen so I can stand and work instead of sitting. (sitting increases my discomfort) I do hope to get in some knitting and spinning over the weekend, but I am not sure about how that will affect my back. I start physical therapy on Monday. I hope that will help. This is getting old.

My mother will be coming to visit in a couple of weeks. We will be going to the MD Flower show. This has become a tradition for us, with the excpetion of a couple of years when I was recovering from surgery or other illness. We shop, we browse, we get inspired by all of the wonderful garden displays. We usually buy a few plants (too early to put them out yet, but who can resist at the end of winter?). There is also a craft show at the same venue which we will check out (I like to look for holiday gifts there) and this year there is an orchid show. My mother recently started growing orchids, so that will be great for her to see. I'll take my camera and take lots of photos.




This is my mother and DH at Jones Beach last weekend. I am sure that you could not see the water from the boardwalk today. They are having all the snow that I was hoping for there. Bummer.

1 comment:

Molly said...

I can't tell you how disgusted I was to have kids home for no reason what-so-ever yesterday. I bring the broom if you bring the oversized trash can to sweep up all those meteorolgist!